When we’re heading up a team, we rarely forget to celebrate successes. But when we’re working solo – as a one man or one woman band – we’re a whole lot more reluctant to pat ourselves on the back. Why? Who knows? But if you’re not celebrating your solo successes, you’re missing a trick. From motivation and confidence, to reflection and gratitude as well as providing opportunities to cast your net wider – plus a whole lot more – a wee celebration of your successes does you and your business a lot more good than you might imagine.
Celebrating achievements as a solo business owner or solo (ie. working completely alone) is as, if not more important, than when you have a large team or employees. All too often we forget to be good to ourselves. We’re cool with being good to others and celebrating successes as a team, but when it’s just us we think it’s indulgence. If you think that way, it’s time to think again – here’s why:
1. Self-motivation and confidence: Celebrating your achievements provides self-motivation and boosts your confidence as a solo. Recognising and acknowledging your progress and accomplishments reinforces your belief in your abilities and the value of your work. It helps you stay motivated and inspired to continue working towards your goals.
2. Reflection and gratitude: Celebrations offer an opportunity for self-reflection and gratitude. Take the time to reflect on the challenges you overcame, the milestones you achieved, and the progress you’ve made as the person who does everything. Expressing gratitude for your achievements helps you appreciate your efforts and the journey you’ve undertaken.
3. Personal fulfillment: Celebrating your achievements brings personal fulfillment and a sense of satisfaction. It allows you to acknowledge your hard work and dedication, reminding you of the impact you have made as a solo. By celebrating your successes, you can find joy and fulfillment in the work you do and the progress you’ve achieved.
4. Professional growth and learning: Celebrations serve as an opportunity for professional growth and learning. As a small business owner, you have likely faced challenges, acquired new skills, and overcome obstacles. Celebrating your achievements helps you recognise how far you’ve come, the growth and development you’ve experienced, motivating you to continue learning and improving.
5. Networking and connections: Celebrating your achievements can also help you build connections and expand your network – it can even make up for lost time to loved ones. By sharing your successes, whether through social media, professional events, or networking platforms, you can attract potential clients, partners, or collaborators. Celebrations serve as an opportunity to showcase your expertise and the value you bring as a solo – thus casting your net wider without needing to be showy-offy. If loved ones have been missing you because you’ve been burning too much oil, even a day out can build incredible human bridges.
6. Goal setting and future planning: Celebrating achievements allows you to set new goals and plan for the future. By reflecting on your successes, you can identify areas for further improvement and define new objectives to pursue. Celebrations provide a positive and energising platform to launch yourself into new endeavors and set higher aspirations for your business.
Remember, as a solo, celebrating achievements doesn’t have to be extravagant or grandiose. It can be as simple as taking time to acknowledge your accomplishments, treating yourself to a small reward, sharing your achievements with trusted friends or family, or reflecting on your journey in a personal journal. The key is to recognize and appreciate your progress and the milestones you’ve reached on your entrepreneurial path.
When was the last time you celebrated your (many, I’m sure) successes?
Would you like help to ‘Get comfy and confident on LinkedIn’ or to ‘Get your website looking and sounding like the real you’? Yes? Then book a chat directly in my diary. That way we can have a virtual coffee together to see if/how I might be able to help you. The call will cost you absolutely nothing, you’ll be under no obligation to do anything further AND I GUARANTEE you’ll get value from our call – otherwise I’ll pick up the tab for the virtual coffees 😂